Schatz staff and docents offer tours of our Center and bring clean energy curriculum to classrooms and workshops in the Humboldt Bay area. We tailor our presentations to the age and interests of each audience – from 4th graders to lifelong learners — and reach 1,400 elementary through college students each year.
Our programs explore energy use, clean energy technologies, and engineering design through interactive lectures and hand-on activities.
- estimate energy loads in their home, school or workplace in Watts Up?
- build Solar Circuits with photovoltaic panels
- use HyTEC electrolyzer and fuel cell kits to investigate hydrogen technologies (read about our HyTec curriculum)
- explore the electrical GRID system, and see how renewable resources and distributed generation are changing our infrastructure needs
- meet engineering design challenges while they Save a Sloth, and
- learn about solar power, microgrids, wind turbines, zero emission vehicles, and other in developments in clean energy.
We also work with teachers to develop new curriculum and tailor existing materials to meet classroom needs.