Join us this afternoon from 2-4:30 pm (Pacific) for the closing webinar in our offshore wind feasibility series, to learn about next steps in both research and planning processes.
We welcome participation in these events from a broad audience. Each session is free and open to the public.
Recordings, slide decks, and other materials from this series can be downloaded on our wind studies page.
We will open today with remarks from U.S. Congressman Jared Huffman. Next up, Arne Jacobson will share his reflections on the Schatz Center’s research findings to date and on questions raised during this webinar series. He will also outline our current and upcoming offshore wind studies, and share the timeline of our forthcoming reports and analyses.
Then, we will hear from federal and state agency representatives, to learn of their next steps for exploring offshore wind energy development on the north coast. They will also discuss how community members and other interested parties can continue to stay informed and participate in these processes. Panelists include:
- Chris Potter, Program Manager, Ocean Protection Council
- Necy Sumait, Chief, Renewable Energy, Pacific Region, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Eli Harland, Advisor to Commissioner Karen Douglas, California Energy Commission
- and other state and federal agency experts in offshore wind planning
We will then close with a discussion period in which participants are invited to ask questions, share insights, and offer comments on the webinar series.
Production of this five-part offshore wind webinar series is supported by the Ocean Protection Council of the California Natural Resources Agency. The research studies were funded by the California Ocean Protection Council, the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management.
- Register for this final webinar
- Download our offshore wind publications
- Sign up for updates on our offshore wind research, or contact us with questions at email@example.com