Please join us on Monday, September 28 from 2:00-4:30 pm (Pacific) for the third webinar in Exploring the Feasibility of Offshore Wind Energy for the California North Coast.
We welcome participation in these events from a broad audience. Each session is free and open to the public. Closed-caption recordings will also be released following each webinar.
Please visit our wind studies page for recordings and materials from the first two webinars.
We will open with remarks from:
- Jennifer Lucchesi, Executive Officer, California State Lands Commission, and
- Arne Jacobson, principal investigator on our offshore wind feasibility studies, and Director of the Schatz Center
Aaron Porter and Shane Phillips of Mott MacDonald will then present analyses of the port and coastal infrastructure that would be required to support offshore wind from the Humboldt Bay harbor, and discuss potential use and environmental impacts for the Bay.
Following the presentation, we will hear reflections from five panelists:
- Adam Canter, Tribal Botanist/GIS Specialist for the Wiyot Tribe Natural Resources Department, Table Bluff Reservation
- Tyrone Conner, Deputy Chief of Waterways Management and Chief of Aids To Navigation for the Eleventh Coast Guard District
- Sharon Kramer, Principal and Senior Marine Biologist at H. T. Harvey & Associates
- Larry Oetker, Executive Director of the Humboldt Bay Harbor and Recreation District
- Antoine Peiffer, Vice President of Engineering at Principle Power
Panelist comments will be followed by a Q&A discussion.
Production of this five-part offshore wind webinar series is supported by the Ocean Protection Council of the California Natural Resources Agency. The research studies were funded by the California Ocean Protection Council, the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management.
- Register for upcoming events in this series
- Download our offshore wind publications
- Sign up for updates on our offshore wind research, or contact us with questions at email@example.com